Canada Temporary Resident Visa (TRV)
By: Canada eTA
Foreign nationals are required to get a Canada temporary resident visa (Canada TRV), also known as a Canada Visitor Visa, to travel to the nation. Many visitors to Canada are still determining whether they need a valid TRV, a Canadian eTA granted, or both. Those who are still determining the travel permits they need can use this easy guide to clarify their situation.
What Is a Canada Visitor Visa or Temporary Resident Visa?
Foreign nationals who are not exempt from visa requirements for Canada must get one of many types of visas to enter and remain in the nation. These visas include temporary resident visas and Canadian visitor visas.
- A valid visitor visa to Canada is given as a single-entry travel document with a six (6) month maximum stay.
- A visitor's visa to Canada permits stays for leisure, commerce, or to pursue education or employment
Visiting Canada is simpler than ever since Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC) has introduced the simplified and streamlined process of obtaining electronic travel authorisation or Online Canada Visa. Online Canada Visa is an travel permit or electronic travel authorization to enter and visit Canada for a period of less than 6 months for tourism or business. International tourists must have a Canada eTA to be able to enter Canada and explore this beautiful country. Foreign citizens can apply for an Online Canada Visa Application in a matter of minutes. Online Canada Visa Application process is automated, simple, and completely online.
How Long Is A Temporary Resident Visa For Canada Good For?
- Typically, individuals submitting a TRV application for a visitor visa to Canada are expected to provide their desired entry date. The visa is issued on this day and is valid for the entire length of the traveler's stay, up to six (6) months.
- A temporary resident visa for Canada may also be extended online or through a paper application.
- At least 30 days before the original visa expires, this should be done.
Can I Change A Visitor Visa Into A Work Visa In Canada?
- If their studies last less than six (6) months, students with visitor visas do not require any other travel documents; however, individuals wishing to work in Canada must also possess a current work permit.
- Visitors who have a job offer in writing and are already in Canada may apply for a work permit while remaining on the continent.
If you wish to see Canada at its most magical, there is no better time to visit than the fall. During the fall, Canada’s landscape bursts forth with a beautiful bounty of colors due to the abundance of maple, pine, cedar, and oak trees making it the perfect time to experience Canada’s iconic, mesmerizing feats of nature. Learn more at Best Places to Witness Fall Colors in Canada.
Who Is Required To Submit A Canadian Visitor Visa Application Instead Of A Canadian ETA?
Before departing for Canada, nationals of the following nations must file a request for a visitor visa (temporary resident visa):
Antigua & Barbuda
Central African Republic
Congo, Democratic Republic
Congo, Republic of
Sao Tome e Principe
St. Kitts & Nevis
Trinidad and Tobago
If residents of these nations want to stay in Canada for more than six (6) consecutive months, they must apply for a different visa at the Canadian embassy or consulate closest to them.
Although it may have originated in Germany, Oktoberfest is now widely associated with beer, lederhosen, and an excessive amount of bratwurst. Oktoberfest is a significant event in Canada. To commemorate the Bavarian celebration, both locals and travelers from Canada turn out to celebrate Oktoberfest in large numbers. Learn more at Travel Guide to Oktoberfest in Canada.
How To Submit An Internal Application For A TRV Or Visitor Visa Within Canada?
It is now possible to apply for a Canada visitor visa online if you are already in Canada and need study permission, a work permit, or a visitor record.
However, the standard procedure for foreign nationals to apply for a visitor visa to Canada entails going to a Canadian visa application center (VAC). This must occur either in the applicant's nationality or residence or in the nation they have been legitimately admitted.
To successfully apply for a visitor visa to Canada, applicants typically need to schedule an appointment at one of these locations in advance and present a variety of supporting papers, such as:
- A valid passport from a qualified nation.
- A filled-out application for a visiting visa to Canada.
- A recent passport-size photo of the traveler.
- A replica of a confirmed ticket for a return or subsequent flight.
- The proposed route of travel for the intended stay in Canada.
Depending on the intended use of the trip, more proof of support may also be required. Before the application may be processed, the visitor visa fee for Canada must be paid.
The applicant must typically provide biometric information (fingerprints and a photo) within 30 days of visiting the immigration center after the application has been submitted.
The time it takes to complete a VAC application for a visiting visa to Canada depends on the workload of each application center and whether the applicant needs to fulfill any additional requirements.
The mix of Montreal's history, landscape, and architectural marvels from the 20th century creates an endless list of sites to see. Montreal is the second-oldest city in Canada.. Learn more at Tourist Guide to Must Visit Places in Montreal.
What Are The Documents Needed To Obtain A Visa For Travel To Canada?
The fundamental conditions for obtaining a visitor visa to Canada are as follows:
- Own a current passport.
- Be in good health and have no recent convictions for significant crimes.
- own no beliefs relating to immigration.
- The immigration officer must be persuaded that you have sufficient ties to your native country, such as a job, a home, a family, or financial resources.
- Persuade the immigration official that you will depart Canada after your visit.
- Have enough money set enough to pay for your trip.
- In some circumstances, you could require a medical exam or a letter of invitation from a Canadian citizen.
A person might not be allowed access to Canada for several reasons. Due to the following factors, certain people are excluded from admission:
- Significant criminal activity (check how to get an eTA with a criminal record).
- Abuses of human rights.
- Gang activity.
Ottawa, the provincial capital of Ontario, is renowned for its stunning Victorian architecture. Ottawa is located alongside the Ottawa river and is a well-liked tourist destination because there are so many sites to see there. Learn more at Tourist Guide to Must Visit Places in Ottawa.
Are Canada's ETA And TRV The Same?
The critical distinction between a temporary resident visa for Canada and an electronic travel authorization is that persons who need a visa for Canada for brief visits are ineligible to submit an online application for an ETA.
Only those who are visa-exempt and want to visit Canada for durations of up to 6 months per entry may use the ETA online application system. It is a multiple-entry travel permit with a five-year validity period upon approval, substantially longer than the TRV's.
The list of prerequisites for applying for a Canadian ETA is considerably less than the checklist for supporting papers for Canada visiting visas. You only need a current passport, email address, and credit or debit card to submit an online electronic permission form.
Are A Canada Tourist Visa And A Visitor Visa The Same?
In Canada, a visiting visa is the same as a tourist visa. It allows foreign visitors to enter Canada for tourism, business, employment, or academic study purposes.
Most nationalities require a visitor visa unless they are qualified for a Canada ETA.
Québec is a sizable province that comprises roughly one-sixth of Canada. Its varied landscapes range from remote Arctic tundra to ancient metropolis. The region is bordered by the American states of Vermont and New York in the south, the Arctic Circle virtually to the north, Hudson Bay to the west, and Hudson Bay to the south. Learn more at Tourist Guide to Must Visit Places in Québec Province.
Check your eligibility for Online Canada Visa and apply for eTA Canada Visa 3 days in advance of your flight. British citizens, Italian citizens, Spanish citizens, French citizens, Israeli citizens, South Korean citizens, Portuguese citizens, and Chilean citizens can apply online for eTA Canada Visa. Should you need any help or require any clarifications you should contact our helpdesk for support and guidance.